Wednesday 18 June 2014

Beauty review: L'Oreal Paris - Glam Shine Balmy Gloss.

Beauty review: L'Oreal Paris - Glam Shine Balmy Gloss.


Shade - 910 Bite The Maracuja.



I always wear lip balms rather than lipsticks so when I was browsing in Boots the other day and I saw this new "balmy gloss" by L'Oreal I thought I'd give it a try. For this spring and summer, I have noticed that orange is the popular colour for wearing on the lips and wanted to try it out for myself. However seeming as I don't wear lipsticks a lot, apart from when I am going out at night, I thought this would probably be a great alternative for me. 

I think I am a bit undecided about this product. I really like the application of it. I love the lipstick crayons rather than the traditional shape, I find it makes it so much simpler to apply. And I do like the colour however it isn't what I thought from looking at the packaging and the stick itself. I don't know if you would agree but when it is on the lips, it comes out more reddy than the orange that it looks? I knew it wasn't going to be a very vibrant orange because the balmy kind of sticks like these usually aren't as bright or bold in colour as lipsticks, but I'm still a bit disappointed that it isn't more orange. The stick also has more of a shimmer to it than I first thought from looking at the stick, although I think this will be nice for summer on more special occasion. Personally, I don't like wearing shimmery lip products for just casual wear. 

So, overall I would say that I do like the balmy stick and may be tempted to purchase another one in a light shade, however it's not the orangey colour I had hoped for.

Could you recommend any orange coloured lipsticks for me?


- Kat Melladay x 

No comments:

Post a Comment