Sunday 1 June 2014

Throw-back: 19th birthday - Twycross Zoo

Throw-back: 19th birthday - Twycross Zoo.





posing for me!



had to get a photo of this Guinea pigs booty hehe!

I wanted to do a throw-back post of my 19th birthday last year, as it was the best birthday I've ever had!

Elephants are my absolute favourite animal in the world, I think they are so beautiful and intelligent. Therefore going to Twycross Zoo for my birthday where I could see four of them was amazing! I cannot remember ever being so excited for my birthday to come. The first animals we heard when we got there was of course, all the monkeys! Twycross Zoo has a wide range of different monkeys and gorillas, many of them are close to extinction. However, the first animal we saw were the cute, little meerkats. We couldn't believe just how small they were at first. They were incredibly sweet digging their holes and running around in groups together.

I HAD to see the elephants next! Literally running to where the signs were directing us to go, then we saw the massive home where the four elephants live. Even seeing one of the Asian elephants was my dream come true. I couldn't have been happier, until I saw the other three. I loved watching every movement they made. Just by watching them you could recognize that they each had their own, quirky personalities! Which made me so so happy. One of them was completely obsessed with cleaning around their home at the zoo. The other one would not stop hoovering up all the water (they really do drink like their  trunk is a hoover, sounds like it too tehe). The third elephant loved to be outside by the looks of things, she didn't come in their inside area once. I must have stood and watched them all for ages, but I didn't care it was so amazing! It looked as though they were being well looked after too, which is the most important part. Recently, one of the elephants has given birth to a beautiful, bouncing baby girl called Esha. Twycross are forever posting the adorable pictures of her! I am hoping to go again, very, very soon to see her too.

Other than the Asian elephants that I had fallen for, Twycross was full of other lovely creatures. We also saw a leopard, monkeys, amps, gorillas, alpacas, owls and penguins! You were able to get so close to the penguins that you could almost touch them. My dad tried to but the penguin was sassy and was having non of it! Twycross even had a pet theme inside their zoo which included pets such as bunnies and guinea pigs.

After all the fun and excitement of the zoo, I went out for a meal in a local Italian restaurant in the evening with my friends. My 19th was a wonderful birthday, I can only hope that this year my birthday will be just as great (although if it doesn't include four elephants I highly doubt it will be!)

For details all about Twycross Zoo and all their lovely animals here is their website: http://twycrosszoo.org/


- Kat Melladay x

No comments:

Post a Comment