Thursday 14 August 2014

Outstanding Orange!

Outstanding Orange!



Shade: Infrared.

Shade: Mango.



This summer, it has been all about the colour Orange! Orange was never one of my top favourite colours, however it has brightened up my summer this year. I thought I would pick out a few little orange things that I have been loving these past couple of months to show you. 

Tangle Teezer: 
I never really took much notice on the type of hairbrush I used, it was just something I didn't take into consideration. Yet at the same time I am forever trying new products, like conditioners, to try and help my hairs condition. I had read reviews about these teezers and thought I would try one for myself. I have not gone back to a traditional shaped hair brush since! Holding the teezer in the palm of your hand is so much easier than holding a heavy hairbrush by its handle. I have noticed the big bonus of having this brush, that it doesn't seem break my ends as easily as the traditional, cheap hair brushes did. This is what will keep me using a teezer if nothing else! I chose this funky orange and yellow coloured teezer but there are a variety of different colours and sizes to choose from. At approx £10 per standard size teezer they are probably more than you would usually spend on a hairbrush, but I am still loving using mine. To me they look like little jelly beans hehe.

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm:
My lips have been very dry recently for some reason, so I just wanted to buy a cheap and cheerful new lip balm to add to my big collection. I am always trying new lip balms. You can always rely on me to have at least 3 of them in my handbag.. when I suppose I do only need one. I chose the classic honey flavour, I just wanted a plain lip balm as I have lots already that are fancy with different flavours and different tints. This one does the job! It is quite a thick balm and stays on my lips for quite a while before having to re-apply it. The smell of it is gorgeous too.

Billy & Me by Giovanna Fletcher:
I am yet to start reading this book as I am currently reading "Paper towns" by John Green, which I will be sure to write a book review about (it is really good). I thought I would include this book though as the cover fits in nicely with my orange theme and it sounds like a book that I am going to really enjoy. 

Blurb - Sophie May has a secret. One that she's successfully kept for years. It's meant that she's had to give up her dreams of going to university and travelling the world to stay in her little village, living with her mum and working in the local teashop. But then she meets the gorgeous Billy - an actor with ambitions to make it to the top. And when they fall in love, Sophie is whisked away from the comfort of her life into Billy's glamorous - but ruthless - world. Their relationship throws Sophie right into the spotlight after years of shying away from attention. Can she handle the constant scrutiny that comes with being with Billy? And most of all, is she ready for her secret heartbreak to be discovered and shared with the nation? "

Topshop Lipstick:
I think all of the beauty bloggers that I have either watched on YouTube or seen their blogs have this shade of lipstick for this summer from Topshop. If you do not already know, it is called "Infrared" and as you can see it is a red lipstick but with a strong tint of orange running through it. So I guess you could call it a dark orange, rather than a neon orange. This is what I really love about this shade. It is not too over the top but it is still the orange that I wanted for my lips this summer. The Topshop lipsticks feel so nice on your lips and are very pigmented. A tip I would advise, would be to make sure your lips are in perfect condition before wearing this lipstick. Make sure you dont have any cracks or dryness on your lips, they need to be very smooth otherwise this lipstick shows up all the imperfections! (now you have to treat yourself to the Burt's Bees lip balm too!).

Barry M Gelly Nail Varnish:
These are my favourite nail varnishs to purchase. I have so many Barry M nail varnishes now I should probably stop buying them, but I doubt I will. I must buy another one that I totally need every payday at least. One of my favourite colours out of the vibrant gelly range is this orange which is called "Mango". It looks beautiful on your fingers and toes! It is the perfect orange and it would be perfect for if you are lucky enough to go on vacation this summer. However if you're not this year, this colour would also be perfect to brighten up a dull looking summers day here in sunny Britain.

Do you have any orange must-haves for this summer?


- Kat Melladay x

2 comments:

  1. i love the idea around this post! colour themes are a great idea! i agree with all the things you've chosen, and i also love 'papaya' by barry m, it's a peachy/orange colour :)

    Elena | A Style Shake

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I am yet to try papaya, I have pretty much all of the other colours though haha. I am a big lover of the colour "kiwi" too x x

      Delete