Wednesday 20 August 2014

Prints and textures 1.

Prints and textures 1.







It is usually a repetitive tale of black, and that is all as far as my style is concerned. Since it has been spring and summer, and surprising enough it has actually been quite pleasant for weather in Britain, I decided to buy a lot more clothing items with more colour and quirkiness. I selected these items from my hauls of shopping I have done in these past few months as I feel that they are my favourite and I love the prints and textures of them so much.

Blue tile print "Leigh" jeans:
I believe you would have seen these jeans before, either on others when you are out and about or on other blog posts. I have seen these tile print jeans worn by so many women and worn in so many different ways. I fell in love with the print straight away. I think it is so girly and kind of ditsy! There is the option to have them in a washed black colour, however I thought I would be different and go for the blue. I did worry when I received them that I wouldn't be able to find a lot of things to pair with them. I couldn't have been more wrong. I feel like you can put these jeans with many different colours, many different types of shoes and even jackets (for the colder months sadly ahead). Even though I would say that these jeans are quite summery looking, I still think they would look just as great with jumpers and converses or little ankle boots when autumn/winter comes back to haunt us. Click here to purchase your own!

Fluffy space dye jumper:
ASOS sales really do make me crumple. I was browsing through and spotted this short sleeved jumper, it jumped out at me! They have labelled it as "space dye" but the first thing I thought when I saw it was "it looks like a fluffy unicorn jumper!". I sounded just like Agnes from Despicable Me hehe. The colours in the jumper bring so much fun into your outfit. I thought it was unique and I just had to have it. The quality is amazing, it is super snug. Paired with a simple black leather jacket it looks ace. Click here to purchase your own!

Dogtooth leggings: 
It's the return of the dogtooth print! When I brought these leggings home, my mum said that she had skirt that she adored in this print when she was my age. The dogtooth print has been a popular, trendy print for years and now it is coming back into fashion again. I thought that these leggings were so different.. even though they are from Topshop so that means a lot of women will also have them soon. But they are so noticeable and can be paired with whatever you desire. They are the sort of thing that can be paired with almost anything and look awesome. I am even tempted to wear these next time I go on a night out, as they are so warm but still daring. Click here to purchase your own!


- Kat Melladay x

2 comments:

  1. i have those tile-print leigh jeans too and adore them! definitely agree that they will be great for the winter too! i need those dogtooth ones now, they're so pretty :)

    Elena | A Style Shake

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wearing them right now haha they are so nice to wear. You have to get the dogtooth leggings! They can be worn with like everything too :) x x

      Delete