Saturday 30 August 2014

Top 10 things to do on "nothing days".

Top 10 things to do on "nothing days".











It is approaching the end of our long summer holidays. We may have been on our vacations, gone on days and nights out, caught up with friends and partners but now it is close to when we go back to school or university. This is when I feel, that we are faced with those "nothing days". Or even if you've not just had the summer holidays, you'll still have those days where you just don't have any plans and are stuck wondering what to do with your time. Therefore, I thought I would make a top 10 list of all the things you could do when you have nothing else left to do. I will save you all from your boredom! 

1. Create new make-up looks:
We buy all these different blushes, mascaras, eye shadow palettes etc (the list is endless..) so try to be creative with them! I am sure I am not the only person that has "the look" that they always seem to apply as an everyday look for them. But it is always great to be creative with your makeup to try and make yourself look a bit different. Even just using different shades of eye shadow on your eyes or changing shade in your lipstick can give you a completely different appearance. I love playing around with different looks for both day and night time occasions.

2. Listen to music:
Whether it is finding new music or artists to listen to or rediscovering your long lost favourites, listening to music can be a great way to pass by some time. I love searching through YouTube and iTunes and finding that one song that I cannot stop listening to, on repeat, for days. Then after a week I will get fed up of it and have to find my next song fix..

3. Read a new/old book:
At the beginning of the year I started to read books again and I am so glad I did now. To me, reading books does honestly change the way you think and your interests too. It is just wonderful to get sucked into a story and imagine the characters. It is like meeting new people and experiencing new adventures, even though really you are just reading one book. 

4. Pampering session (yaay!) : 
What better way to make your day fabulous by making yourself literally feel fabulous! Do whatever it takes, have a bath in the dark with candles, lather yourself in your favourite body moisturizer (mine is Sugar crush by Soap and gloary), put on a face mask, naughty bit of fake tan. Do whatever makes you feel completely relaxed and beautiful, as it will make for a very positive day.

5. Watch a movie:
I feel like this is the obvious one which everybody does when they have nothing days. But regardless, watch a movie!! My favourite movies are definitely rom-coms or kid movies. They really are my favourite, they are all the movies that I own. The choice in the movie really counts, therefore I would always advise you to watch a "feel good" movie rather than one which will make you cry for too long afterwards. My choice would be one or all of the High School Musicals. I especially like to dance and sing along to ALL of the songs, but that is totally up to you of course.

6. Watch YouTube videos:
Again, I feel this is another obvious one to do when there is nothing else to do. I love watching YouTube videos to see what other people are buying or wearing or to mainly, be inspired. They are a great way to take up the time too because you can never seem to just watch one video once you go on YouTube.

7. Paint your finger and toe nails:
This could be part of the pampering session to make you feel fabulous and totally girly. Don't just paint your finger nails though! I know the summer days are slowly saying goodbye, however your toe nails like to look pretty too. Just because you will be covering them up with fluffy slipper socks soon enough, you can still see them!

8. Henna time:
Henna tattoos are amazing. Ever since I was introduced to it, I have never stopped loving it. It is the pen you can see in the seventh photograph next to my nail varnishes. You use it like a pen, the henna comes out and you simply just draw all over yourself! You can find so many inspiration photographs on Tumblr and Google images if you need some help. I especially love doing them on my feet, as they aren't as obvious as drawing them traditionally all over your hands but they are still noticeable and look great! They only last for approximately 1-2 weeks which is the really good thing, as you can create new designs or wash them off for things such as work.

9. Take some photographs:
Just go around your home or venture out into your garden and take some photographs of things. It could even be an excuse for you to go for a walk, having an adventure and taking photographs as well. And I suppose you could throw a couple of cheeky selfies in there too if you are in the mood.

10. Create some lists:
I have so many lists in my notebooks. You can write all sorts of different lists. It is always a good idea, especially if you do not own a diary, to have a "to do" list. That way you can keep on referring to it and you won't forget anything important. All girls need to have a shopping list so that they don't forget about something they really want. You could also write lists like a "bucket list" for example where you list all of the things you would love to do before a certain date. Just get bullet pointing and writing!


I hope you won't find yourself quite as bored now. What do you do when you have nothing planned?


- Kat Melladay x

No comments:

Post a Comment