Tuesday 15 July 2014

Mini Primark haul & OOTD 15.07.14

Mini Primark haul & OOTD 15.07.14









Primark has always been one of my favourite shops. Sometimes I find I go through phrases with the shop where I will see lots of different items that I love, and sometimes I don't really see anything that appeals to me. Having said that, there is not very often a time where I leave empty handed from shopping in there. Recently, I have found that they have so many items that I simply must have! From blouses, kiminos, shoes etc they have got a lot of either simple or statement pieces in that look a lot more expensive than the price tag. Of course that is mainly why I love Primark, I can find things to wear that I adore and I don't have to spend a fortune to own them. 

The other day I picked up a few bits that I thought were either really different, or simple and could wear them with anything. This summer, kimonos are a big must have. Whether you are lucky enough to go on vacation or not, they are a great alternative to a jacket (because summer in England can still get a bit chilly) or just the statement to your outfit. I probably have a few too many of them now, but this did not stop me in purchasing this dusty blue coloured one from Primark. I thought the colour of it was gorgeous and pulled me in straight away. Even though it isn't one of the more bright and bold kimonos in the shops right now, I think it is just perfect for if I want to wear a more casual outfit to sling on and it make it look that bit more interesting. I think that the colour also is an ideal colour that I can wear with dresses and tops which have a lot of colours in them. At £15 it was the first item straight into my trusty Primark basket. The next thing I got was one of their many, beautiful blouses that they have brought out since spring. This one appealed to me because its base colour is black. Black will always be my favourite colour to wear.. Miss boring. I have already been asked by people where I got this from because I think it is quite usual with the pops of yellow and red. It is perfect for summer for any of you especially, that are in love with black still and don't want to look too bright. Speaking of my love of all things black, I could not believe it when I saw this hat in Primark! It was the last one in store and I grabbed it immediately. I have seen so many people wearing this style of hat, so I thought I would see if I could pull it off. It was amazing at £8, as I was going to get one from Topshop and they wanted £28. This is why Primark is fabulous. I made sure to pick up some elastic bands for my hair for £1 and then I got a pair of cream and gold detailed ballerina shoes. I get most of my shoes from Primark because I find that even though the price is always cheap, these were £6, they always seem to last me for a long time. The last thing I purchased was an over-sized acid green/grey tee for £4. I am a typical size 6, however I got this one in a size 12 as I wanted it to hang off one shoulder and look very relaxed.

I appreciate this isn't one of the best OOTDs but I am wearing my new, loved kimono so never mind. I just decided to wear it with a plain black cami top and my signature black leggings. Teamed with my grey Converses, my old Ted Baker bag and some necklaces.

OOTD: Kimono - Primark, Cami - New Look, Leggings - Primark, Bag - Ted Baker (old design), Shoes - Charcoal grey Converse.


- Kat Melladay x

No comments:

Post a Comment